Home-schooled students aged 4-7 and 8-12 are welcome to join educators from Tenafly Nature Center, Flat Rock Brook, and Teaneck Creek Conservancy as we introduce your home school explorers to a plethora of plants and the interesting world of insects. Each month explorers will discover a new locale that is a part of beautiful Bergen County and explore the hidden gems within. Topics will range from basic botany to identifying aquatic macro-organisms and will feature hands-on/minds-on exploration perfect for a budding to intermediate naturalist. Meet other home school families while kids strengthen their knowledge and appreciation for the environment.
This is a drop off program intended for students aged 4-7 and 8-12. Students should wear appropriate outdoor gear and sturdy, closed-toe footwear. Rain or shine; the program will take place indoors and outdoors. Please no hand-held devices. Space is limited and pre-registration is required.
- Ages 4-7: 9:30 am to 11:00 am at all locations.
- Ages 8-12: 9:30 am to 11:30 at all locations.
- Thursdays, March 15, 22, 29 at Flat Rock Brook Nature Center (443 Van Nostrand Ave, Englewood, NJ 07631)
- Thursdays, April 12, 19, 26 at Teaneck Creek Conservancy (20 Puffin Way, Teaneck, NJ 07666
- Thursday, May 3,10, 17 at Tenafly Nature Center (313 Hudson Ave, Tenafly NJ 07670)
Cost per child for 9-week series:
- $135 for members (must be a member of Flat Rock Brook, Teaneck Creek Conservancy, OR Tenafly Nature Center)
- $180 for non-members
Registration is through Tenafly Nature Center: Click Here